Jury and Awards
The theses submitted will be evaluated by an interdisciplinary jury. The jury is currently composed as follows:
- Valentin Vogt, President of the Employers’ Association
- Dr Stephanie Mathes, University of Zurich, Centre for Dentistry
- Professor Rudolf Martin Füchslin, ZHAW School of Engineering
- Professor Alex Simeon, University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil HSR
- Hans Noser, Toolpoint
- Hugo Bohny, Board of Trustees Veronika and Hugo Bohny Foundation
- Marc Schindler, Board of Trustees, Veronika & Hugo Bohny Foundation
Pre-selection is made based on the executive summary. The most interesting theses will be read and then the remaining graduates will be invited to an oral presentation. We are interested in the whole person, so we also ask for a curriculum vitae.
Our evaluation criteria are currently:
- Has the graduate understood the business case – the application scenario? Why is this a good thesis? Who benefits from it, and how?
- Is the thesis compelling in terms of content and language? Is it readily understandable?
- Has the thesis been developed in direct collaboration with industry, laboratories or clinics? Did the thesis require interdisciplinary collaboration, i.e. an understanding of perspectives other than those imparted in the student’s own field of study?
The prize money is:
- 1st place CHF 8,000.00
- 2nd place CHF 4,000.00
- 3rd place CHF 2,000.00
Held at the Symposium on Lab Automation on March 12, 2020, in Rapperswil with representatives from the lab science industry. The ideal occasion to expand your network.